Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

my son the gourmet

So, on Saturday morning, I decided to bake some muffins with the kids. I started getting out ingredients only to realize that I did not have enough brown sugar. I did have some muffin mix in the cupboard. So, we made those instead. Noah was not impressed with the "just add water" baking, mostly, I think because he likes to break the eggs.

The next day, the cupboard full of newly purchased groceries, I decided to try again. So, I asked Noah if he would like to help bake Zucchini muffins. He said, "yes, those are the kind I like, not those stupid water muffins" with all the disdain of a scorned Martha Stewart. Too funny.

Edited to add: of course, he is right. The zucchini muffins taste a whole lot better than the "stupid water muffins".

No comments: