Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2006

the family bed

Our bedroom is now wall-to-wall mattress, and it makes me extremely happy. Since Molly's birth 3 months ago, I've been sleeping in her room so that I didn't have to go far when she woke in the night. (turns out she's a great sleeper and I often don't feed her between 9pm and 7am, but that's another story). Both of the beds we own are doubles, so there just isn't room for my husband and I and a baby especially since Noah (aged 3.5) often crawls in with us in the middle of the night. Before we created the wall of matresses, Noah would crawl in with me in Molly's room and I would wake up with both kids. My husband was getting lonely for me and for the kids. I think he enjoys waking up with Noah more than I do.

So, we created the wall of matresses. I don't imagine all four of us will spend every night in there, but I'm glad there's enough room. I love waking up with my kids, but I really need my sleep!

No comments: