Pages

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

one more?


Why do I think I want another baby? I'm not sure I really do. You see these exhasuted women on a baby story saying how happy they are that this is their last baby, or that their family is complete. Now, there were moments in labour (yup, even in my short 2.5 hour labour) where I was sure I was never ever going to go through that again, but within the week of Molly's birth, I was already thinking and talking about next time.

I think one of the main reasons for this is that I had a great birth experience (thank you Toni and Carolyn!) - I may get around to posting my birth story at some point, and a really easy pregnancy. I felt good. I looked great. Molly latched on and continues to breastfeed really well. I'm good at the "new" Mommy stuff, but I'm pretty sure that's not a good enough reason to bring another child into the world.

The two most compelling reasons I have for not having another baby are: our finances and my age. If I could wait another 5 years for our financial situation to change (improve) then I don't think I would obsess about it. I could just wait and see.

So, no answers today. I think I'm really just trying to clarify the questions. No doubt I will have more to say about this later.

No comments: