Pages

Friday, July 07, 2006

bath time


Molly has outgrown or nearly outgrown the baby bath. For the past three nights, she has been taking her baths with Noah. It is a lot of fun for the whole family. Noah splashes and plays while Molly watches and giggles and adds some splashes of her own.

The first night, Marc commented on how much chubbier Molly was than Noah had ever been as a baby. Noah (as usual) wanted to know why. One of us went into some long explanation about how people are different sizes and shapes. Noah concluded that babies who are born at the hospital (like him) are skinny, and babies born at home (like Molly) are chubby.

The next day, Noah decided to use the word chubby in a different context . . . to describe me! I think he expected me to be happy about it since it was a good thing when we were talking about Molly. I was kind of hoping he didn't really know what the word meant, but today he asked me if I was growing another baby. I guess it's time to get some exercise!

(the picture was taken during Molly's first bath, not this week, but it was the only bath picture I have!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skinny people are so mean sometimes... I think you look fabulous as usual. Though Bridget is quite skinny and was born at the hospital, I don't think I'll be testing Noah's hypothesis any time soon!

Jen

Lee-Ann said...

Thanks seester.

Lee-Ann said...

Does that mean you won't be needing the maternity clothes back this summer or you're just not going to have the baby at home?

Anonymous said...

No mat clothes this summer, Nosey Parker. You'd be the first to know anyways (besides possibly BJ).