Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

well and truly



Noah's sixth birthday has been well and truly celebrated. We started with a family party when my Mom was visiting the last week in August. We had Marc's parents over for a brunch of pancakes, sausages, fruit salad, cake and ice cream. My Mom and I made the cake pictured here. In case you can't tell (though I think it's perfectly obvious), it's two light sabers. There small gifts from us and from Molly. There were large gifts from the grandparents. Noah was thrilled with all the Star Wars stuff.

We decided not to have his "kid party" until a few weeks after his real birthday which was the first weekend after school started, a busy time. Of course, we couldn't let his real birthday pass unnoticed, so Marc took him to the movies, and we had cake, and he got to open his big gift from us.

The next day at school, I sent a chocolate zucchini cake for him to share with his classmates.

This past weekend, we had the all important kid party. We thought it was going to be poorly attended as some friends couldn't make it. It ended up as a lovely chaotic gathering. As you may have guessed, we had a Star Wars theme. We played "Destroy the Death Star" (pin the x-wing fighter on the death star), musical planets (to Star Wars music of course), and we had the kids run through a Jedi training obstacle course. They got so swipe at bad guys with light sabers and dodge laser beams. The kids had a hoot. Then of course, there were presents and cake - again.

So, I think we're done.

Noah is constantly amazing me with how grown up he is becoming. He asked me to pitch him some balls after work today, and he hit a fair number of them - more than I would have hit! I had no idea he could do that.

No comments: