Pages

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

noah's second symphony concert

Noah and I went to see "Beethoven Lives Upstairs" on Sunday afternoon. It was much easier to get him to this concert than the last one. I blogged about it here.

He was happy to have some one on one time with me, and happy to be headed to the concert. Great. I was a little surprised since it had nothing to do with Star Wars.

The complaints started to come out as soon as we sat down. He didn't like where we were sitting, and why hadn't I asked him before I bought the tickets. Blah blah blah. He was looking a little tired. It was the Sunday after Halloween after all, and my Mom had been in town for a quick visit.

He settled in as the music started, and about half an hour in, he was fast asleep. I just cuddled him in and smiled. He slept for maybe 10 minutes.

When we were talking about the concert at supper that night, I was surprised at how much of the dialogue he actually remembered. He was fascinated by the different ways Beethoven helped himself hear (ear trumpets, and cutting the legs of pianos, and trying different remedies including pouring cream and nuts in his ears). He is a curious boy, and he likes to learn things.

No comments: